Ever wondered why you feel differently in rooms with different colors or buy food more from a certain restaurant!? Its the colors used that affect each person differently depending on age, gender and climate. Understanding what mood each color can bring out from people will help with the type of mood you would like yourself, your family and friends to have in each room. When choosing colors for rooms we also need to take into consideration how much sun light gets into the room and the size of the room.
- Yellow – Produces a warming effect, arouses cheerfulness, stimulates mental activity, and generates muscle energy.
- Red – Enhances human metabolism, increases respiration rate, and raises blood pressure.
- Orange – Increases oxygen supply to the brain, produces an invigorating effect, and stimulates mental activity.
- Green – Suggests stability and endurance. It is also related to health which motivates healthy eating.
- Blue – Strongly associated with tranquility and calmness.
- White – Means safety, purity, and cleanliness. White can represent a successful beginning.
- Black – Is associated with power, elegance and formality.
Just like how your dress sense or the colors you wear represent your soul or what you want people to see, your home represents so much about you as well. For example I prefer to dress in darker colors like black and grey however my home is currently brighter with a dash of my favorite color which is Blue which I hardly ever wear.
If you have a closer look at each picture under the colors you will notice the accents, accents being an almost opposite color on the color wheel where the wall is one color then a scatter pillow or a couch or a vase is a color on the opposite side of the wheel and white plays a huge part.
I hope this enlightened you a little, I am going to post each color in detail for the next few months.
Thank you Artsies❤